WHY NORTH CAROLINA?
Why should you work in North Carolina?
The state of North Carolina provides work / life balance, a team-oriented culture, opportunities for advancement, and interesting work.
Pros of living in North Carolina:
- Warm, welcoming communities
- Mild winters
- Relatively low cost of living for cities with great job markets
- Easy access to beaches and mountains within hours
Approximately 60% of all healthcare workers are allied health professionals. There are great training opportunities in the region for the career path.
There are many reasons to work and live in North Carolina, such as:
- Low cost of living
- Short commute times
- Large variety of topographical regions
- Resume building: There are 132 Hospitals, 17 of which rank top in the state by U.S. news and world report.
- Four seasons
North Carolina is one of the fastest growing states in the nation thanks to major cities such as Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Wilmington, Greensboro and Charlotte. There are a wide variety of employment opportunities in a variety of healthcare facilities across every region of North Carolina. These include:
- Behavioral Health Centers
- Universities & Schools
- Dialysis Centers
- Home Health
- Long Term Acute Care
- Outpatient Surgery
- Corrections Facilities
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
Attractions and exploration opportunities
There is an opportunity to take part in the local attractions in every region of the state. Enjoy your days off exploring the area surrounding your placement facility.
North Carolina is a one-of-a-kind place with beautiful scenic views and savory restaurants. It has become a beacon for visitors looking to escape into the outdoors with attractions such as the breathtaking views of the Blue Ridge Parkway or the cool ocean breeze of the Crystal Coast with fun around every corner. With the influence of historical sites, North Carolina is a hub for creative minds and culture. Not only is the state filled with traditions such as craft festivals, music and folk art, there are plenty of live music festivals of all genres all around the state.
Below is a list of suggestions that our staff has curated:
- Asheville: Explore Downtown, Hike in the Blue Ridge Mountains, WNC Nature Center, Grandfather Mountain, Biltmore, Zip-lining, Botanical Gardens, Linville Caverns, and Museums (Art, Science, Radio, Cherokee Indian, and Many More)
- Charlotte: Carowinds, Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens, Discovery Places (Nature, Science, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Nascar Hall of Fame, Carolina Panthers Stadium, Music Hall of Fame, N.C. Zoo, Aquarium, and Museums (History, Natural History & Planetarium)
- Greensboro: International Civil Rights Center & Museum, Greensboro Science Center, Tanger Family Bicentennial garden, The Greensboro Arboretum, and Wet’n Wild Emerald Pointe.
- Raleigh: North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, Home of the Carolina Hurricanes North Carolina Museum of Art, Umstead State Park, State Farmers Market, Neuse River Trail, NC State, CrabTree Valley Mall, WRAL Azalea Garden, and Local Lakes.
- Durham: Sarah P. Duke Gardens, American Tobacco Campus, Durham Performing Arts Center, Bennett Place Historic Site, Durham Bulls Athletic Park, Museum of Life & Science, Nasher Museum of Art, Eno River State Park, Duke Chapel, Duke Lemur Center, and The Carolina Theatre.
- Fayetteville: Cape Fear Botanical Garden, Airborne & Special Operations Museum, Downtown Fayetteville, Cape Fear River Trail, 82nd Airborne Division War Memorial Museum, North Carolina Veterans Park, Edgar Allan Poe House, Fayetteville Rose Garden and Lake Rim.
- Wilmington: Battleship North Carolina, Arlie Gardens, Riverwalk, Railroad Museum, Historic District, Noni Bacca Winery, Historic District, Wrightsville Beach, and Bellamy Mansion Museum
- Nags Head: Jockey’s Ridge State park, Bodie Island Lighthouse, Jennette’ Pier, Nags Head Fishing Pier, Seaside art gallery and Full Throttle Speedway.
- Outer Banks: Currituck Beach Lighthouse, Wright Brothers National Memorial, N.C. Aquarium, Cape Hatteras National Seashore and Ocracoke Lifeguard Beach.